Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Being Greatful











I love this time of year. You can feel the warmth of the sun on your skin while still enjoying the cool ocean breeze. This is the type of weather I missed most when I was in FL. It really is all the little things that can add up to make life enjoyable. Sometimes we don't understand how to appreciate the everyday, the mundane we call our lives until one day we're faced with the prospect of losing it all. When Billy was in the hospital, I really missed our nights together watching TV and laughing at all his funny jokes. I missed his daily routine and the socks on the floor!!! I also realized I would die without him. It made my heart hurt for what could have been but also for those who have suffered with the loss of a spouse. I am so greatful for moving back home, for the sound of the ocean, the salt in the air, and yes even for my husbands bad habits. I am so glad he made a full recovery and I am so much better for having experienced it because it just helps me appreicate him and our life all the more.

I am sharing some pictures of new classes at the Shop.

2 comments:

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Wonderful post. It's great to live in the moment and appreciate what we do have. elaine

Christy said...

Laura, I love all the projects and pics of the kids. They look wonderful. I'm so glad you are so happy to be home. Miss you, but glad you are happy.
Christy